What you should know
Align Impact LLC is an SEC Registered Investment Advisor that specializes in impact investing and philanthropy. Through process-driven research on ﬁnancial and impact outcomes of investing and grant-making, Align enables its clients to use their resources to move the needle on the world’s greatest environmental and social challenges by building investing and giving strategies that are aligned with its clients personal values. Align also manages the Align Impact Fund, a fund of best in class private impact funds. Finally, Align collaborates with industry leaders to share insights and help sustainably build the impact investing space.
We are looking for an Investment Research Summer Analyst at Align Impact LLC. Responsibilities for this position will include the following:
- Conduct primary and secondary research on impact investments in private and public markets (private equity, real assets, private debt, equities, and fixed income)
- Contribute to building investment strategies and portfolio models for specific clients, including assessing their current investments and recommending impact investment solutions
- Develop new materials on investment landscape in terms of impact metrics, geographies, and risk/return profiles of our pipeline/database
- Assist with knowledge development in different impact themes, investment opportunities, and issue areas, possibly co-authoring white papers, blog articles, or articles in industry publications
- The internship will start June 5th, end August 25th, and will pay $20/hour
- Currently enrolled in Masters program (MBA or Finance focused)
- Demonstrated interest in ESG/Impact Investing Space
- Institutional investment experience preferred
- Flexible and able to work within a small team and fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit and keen on taking initiative
- Willingness to be located in Santa Monica, CA for the term of the internship
If you are interested and passionate about the impact investing space, share details of your interest/experience in sustainable/impact investing in your cover letter, attach it with your Resume and a writing sample, and send it our way to email@example.com
Applications due March 15, 2017.